Hy-Vee is joining a trend of grocery stores in offering premium membership.
Customers with Hy-Vee Plus will have access to monthly offers, additional fuel savings, free online grocery delivery and more, according to an announcement from Hy-Vee, Inc.
The cost of the program is $99 per year.
Customers currently with the existing $99 Hy-Vee Aisles Online membership program, which offers customers free grocery delivery, will automatically be upgraded to a Hy-Vee Plus premium membership at no additional cost.
Those currently using the Hy-Vee Aisles Online service and do not have a Hy-Vee Plus membership can continue using the service as usual, Hy-Vee stated. This program does not change any of the service offerings or fees.
According to the announcement, Hy-Vee Plus premium membership benefits include:
- Additional fuel savings: Every time a member shops using their Hy-Vee Fuel Saver + Perks card, they can earn an additional 3-cent Fuel Saver reward on every in-store or Hy-Vee Aisles Online purchase, on top of any Fuel Saver rewards that customers can earn already.
- Free Aisles Online delivery: Members who shop Hy-Vee Aisles Online get free, unlimited standard grocery delivery on Hy-Vee Aisles Online orders, where available (a $9.95 per order savings).
- Free two-hour express pickup: Members can enjoy free, unlimited two-hour express grocery pickup on Hy-Vee Aisles Online orders (a $9.95 per order savings).
- Red Line Access/Concierge Service: Members will have exclusive access to “Red Line,” a designated telephone number available for premium members only, staffed by a team of Hy-Vee experts and personal shoppers.
- Exclusive monthly deals and offers: Every month, members can enjoy exclusive deals and offers across all areas of the store. For example in December, members will receive 20 percent discounts on DSW footwear, Joe Fresh apparel, in-store floral purchases and more. Members will also receive one free select item each month. For example in December, members will receive a free seasonal floral bouquet.
Customers can sign up to become a Hy-Vee Plus premium members at their local Hy-Vee or by visiting www.hy-vee.com/plus.
“After listening to the evolving needs of our customers, we designed our Hy-Vee Plus premium membership,” said Randy Edeker, Hy-Vee’s president, via news release. “This membership is unlike any other program in the industry and blends our greatest services — both in-store and online — into an affordable experience that brings incredible value to our customers.”
Sara Karnes is a breaking news reporter with the Springfield News-Leader. Got a story to tell? Email her at email@example.com.