A City Utilities electrical worker remains in critical condition at the Mercy Hospital burn unit after being severely shocked at a substation Thursday.
CU spokesman Joel Alexander confirmed the man’s condition late Friday.
The accident happened shortly after noon on Thursday when the worker and a colleague were doing maintenance at the Glenstone/Battlefield substation.
According to CU, the employee was severely burned when he contacted a live 13,200-volt circuit, thinking that the electrical cabinet he was working on had been de-energized.
CU is investigating how the accident occurred.