Forest Park World’s Fair Pavilion expansion

Editor
0 0
Read Time1 Minute, 56 Second


The $600,000 project included installation of a new gathering plaza with a stone seating wall and sculptures

ST. LOUIS — The latest expansion of the World’s Fair Pavilion at Forest Park has opened, with a new plaza and renovated restroom facility outside the historic structure.

The $600,000 project, funded by donors through the nonprofit Forest Park Forever, included installation of a new gathering plaza with a stone seating wall and sculptures. In addition, officials upgraded and renovated a partial-year restroom into a year-round facility with diaper-changing stations and a drinking fountain that can be used with water bottles and dog bowls, according to a release.

Other improvements with the expansion include new landscaping and trees with perennial plants, plaza tables with chairs and umbrellas, six bike racks, phone-charging electrical outlets, lighting and an upgraded utility room.

Forest Park Forever is a private nonprofit that partners with the city of St. Louis and its Department of Parks, Recreation and Forestry to restore and maintain Forest Park. The lead donor for the World’s Fair Pavilion expansion project was St. Louis-based Famous Footwear. Other donors included the Mackey, Shapleigh and Schmid families.

“Forest Park Forever would like to thank our generous donors for making this significant improvement project possible,” said Lesley Hoffarth, president and executive director of Forest Park Forever. “Thanks to a lead gift from Famous Footwear and generous donations from several local families, the renovated comfort station and spacious new plaza will improve the Forest Park experience for many visitors for years to come. We would like to thank all of our supporters and our City of St. Louis partners for another successful restoration project in the park.”

St. Louis-based SWT Design was the project manager, landscape architect and civil engineer on the expansion. Webster Groves-based Ross & Barruzzini was the architect and mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineer. St. Louis-based Hof Construction was the general contractor.

Local sculptor Abraham Mohler created the toad and frog sculptures for the seating wall. 

Related: The Muny is undergoing another $7M in renovations





Source link

About Post Author

Editor

Editor is WebTech Group (WTG). WTG is a web hosting, design, SEO, press release distribution company and news agency located in St. Louis, Missouri. Site is owned and operate multiple news sites in the region. Our objective with STLNewsMissouri.com is to offer readers a one-stop news site for Missouri news. We aggregate news from news media across the state. We do not aggregate news from all sources. We pick from those that offer RSS feeds and pick the best with eliminating those that might produce the same news stories, written differently.
Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleppy
Sleppy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %
Next Post

Cynthia Simpson - KOAM

May 10, 1959 – September 27, 2020 September 30, 2020 1:49 PM Parker Mortuary Posted: September 30, 2020 1:49 PM Cynthia A. Simpson, 61, of Joplin, passed away Sunday, September 27, 2020, in the comfort of her home. Cynthia was born May 10, 1959, in Webb City, Missouri, to the […]
Cynthia Simpson – KOAM