Tiger Woods entertains the crowd with practice shots and stories at free golf clinic in Hollister.
Tiger Woods is set to unveil his first public golf course design on Tuesday in the Branson area.
Woods and Justin Thomas will compete against Rory McIlroy and Justin Rose in a team match play competition that benefits the Payne Stewart Family Foundation.
The Payne’s Valley Cup is a made-for-television event that will commemorate the grand opening of Payne’s Valley Golf Course at Big Cedar Lodge.
Tuesday’s event will include a mix of competition formats synonymous with international team competitions: best ball, alternate shot and singles matches.
All four players will be mic’d up throughout the competition and it will showcase Woods’ course that pays tribute to Springfield-native and World Golf Hall-of-Famer Payne Stewart.
The event will be closed to the public but can be watched on national television and streamed online.
Story continues below gallery.
How to watch Payne’s Valley Cup
- When: Tuesday, Sept. 22; 2-6 p.m.
- Where: Payne’s Valley Golf Course; Ridgedale, Missouri
- Watch: GOLF Channel (Dan Hicks, Paul Azinger)
- Pre and post round coverage: 1:30-3 p.m. and 6-7 p.m. on Golf Central
- Stream: GOLF Channel and NBC Sports mobile apps, GolfChannel.com, GolfPass
- Twitter: @WyattWheeler_NL
Wyatt D. Wheeler is a reporter and columnist with the Springfield News-Leader. You can contact him at 417-371-6987, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or join the conversation on Twitter where his handle is @WyattWheeler_NL.