What You’ll Need
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/2 pounds total)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper; coat chicken evenly on both sides.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter; saute chicken 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until browned. Remove to a platter and set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients except parsley to skillet and cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Return chicken to skillet and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer 5 to 7 minutes, or until sauce thickens and chicken is warmed through. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- If the chicken breasts are very thick, flatten them a bit by pounding with a kitchen mallet.
- We like to sop up the sauce with a side of our tasty Rice Pilaf!